Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hair Spray: The Metaphor

Oh boy, where's Blondie going with this one? Well it's quite obvious, when Blondie thinks about the qualities of a wicked great hair spray: stickiness, stiffness, long last-ness, and shiny-ness, friends come to mind!

Friday night, my CLM gal pals threw me a cosmo & chardonnay fueled birthday dinner. These gals and I worked together for 5 years over 10 years ago! They were there for Blondie in the good times when I was pregnant and had my super son, or when we scored a huge success with Club G-Med, and the bad--when I was the target of the month for a maniacal boss. We've been friends for almost 17 years! So, is that not sticky? not long lasting? with shining moments of success and support? Spells wicked great hair spray to me! Sometimes, there is a moment when women walk into your life and you know instantly that they'll be there, for always! And all I can say, is Phyll, JR, SM, EW, and AR you'll always will be on my Hair Spray Honor Roll of Fabulous Friends--Best Friends Forever!

On Wednesday, Di & Munya took me to breakfast, and we dished and noshed and drank gallons of coffee kicking off my week of birthday blasts. Gifts were in the mix, too. Amazing how the name of something, in this case wicked bold nail polish, can set a tone. Well how's Women Without Boundaries do for setting a fab birthday tone? And Cherries Jubilee lipstick? What's not celebratory about that? At this stage in my life, everyday is a gift, and so by definition, is every birthday! After racewalking 7 miles Wednesday afternoon, my hubby and son took me to dinner which, after all that hoofing earned me a pomegranate martini! Ahhh, how sublime it was! And bless my hubby, he organized a little birthday cake w/Paulette & Steve back at our house.

For me, life is made most meaningful by my friends! By the steadfast and constant and wonderful support of great, good friends...and while I am thankful for each day, I am most thankful for this! Plus, of course, martinis and hairspray!

No comments: