Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Two Down - None Left. . . .

So, picture this...the other night at 10:30 after foregoing dinner prep for my son's bibliography creation (History Day is due on Thursday, need I say more?), Blondie's hubby discovers to his utter and complete horror he is without peanut butter! What to do? Well, Blondie was itching to get out of the house and the grocery store, if not a cosmo-with-the-girls opportunity, was a destination bound to provide solace and loud rock n roll for at least 20 minutes--respite from bibliographic hell! My car, the green machine is 12 years old and in the shop, hubby's car is a ripe 16 years...and half a mile from home the clutch...well, the clutch clutched and no gears would shift...luckily I coasted through the intersection and landed in the Temple drive way...at least the heater and the radio continued blasting!

So, AAA came and towed me...leaving me to take public transport in a circuitous route to work the next morning. I love walking...thankfully!

Though, as it happens to be Valentine's Day and almost the end of the winter holiday season...the gifting season, specifically. I still don't have that 'gift' my beloved promised me in December, i.e. a new car. Okay, it is a big gift and he does get off the hook for gifts for the next few years...but from where I sit I can see not much action on the acquisition side of this 'gift', leading me to believe it is only a stall tactic for the shopping impaired spouse...you feelin' me here, girl friends?!

No comments: