Sunday, January 20, 2008

Clint the K - What he Say! Blondie gets the Postsurgical Word!

September 25, 2007

Hey Y'all,
I saw my surgeon yesterday and there's good news and not so good news! No positive lymph nodes! No LVI which is lymphovascular infiltration, also great! The tumor was less than 2Cm so it is considered stage 1, also good news. And because the tumor is estrogen responsive it means I am a candidate for one of the estrogen receptor blockers, but that's for the next doc, the oncologist, to sort out.

The not so good news...my surgeon wants a wider CLEAR margin around where the tumor was. This means that after seeing the lab results on the cellular aspect of what was removed Dr. Koufman wants to go back in and take a bit more just to be very clear and sure. I said fine, but if he has to go in a third time, he does a freebie tummy tuck! This surgery will be easier says Clint the K, and it will be the lovely twilight sleep, not full general anesthesia--way easier on my blonde brain. It happens next friday early morning and I'll be home by noon sleeping it off. Then the next part is radiation for 7 weeks and then the blockers or whatever.

So I took a few extra days after last wednesday's surgery to clear my anesthesia-addled brain and get myself walking up the bike path, feeling like me again. I'm healing really well, though it does take two bras to get out on the bike path while keeping the jiggle factor low.

There's no adequate way to express the depth of my gratitude for you, my friends! I'm simply overwhelmed by your support here in Belmont and literally around the world. It is humbling to bump up against my mortality, but the outpouring of positive thoughts, emails, good vibes, and of course those yummy meals brought over by my 'sisters in the hood' here have nourished me, spurred me out the door to walk it all off and getting me back to feeling like Blondie again.

THANK YOU for the emails, cards, flowers, faboo food, martinis and everything!
XOXOXO
Elaine

No comments: