Sunday, January 20, 2008

Second Surgery - Same Spot

October 9, 2007

Second Surgery--Same Spot. I'm finally getting back to feeling like myself after the second surgery last Friday. It was simultaneously easier and harder. The anesthesia was way easier on me..still I have my moments of lost thoughts--but hey I'm still blonde, whaddaya gonna do?

The pain is harder and more intense in a different way since Dr K just opened up his first incision and made it a bit larger. The area is more tender and today a delicious shade of green & yellow. I never thought of myself as all that well endowed...I've discovered how significant the 'jiggle factor' can be in recuperation...I've gotten used to wearing 2 bras and no longer feel like I'm choking! Is that a good thing?

And then there's the no-fun-for-me pain meds...Advil seems to be the one for me like it or not; Percocets though different from Tylenol w/Codeine still disagree with me in a really nasty way. Thankfully, I went walking on Sunday w/my gal pals who came and walked with me for 3 miles. I hope to go out again today!

So once again, I'm in follow-up hell awaiting the follow-up appointment with Clint the K on Thursday to hear about the margins this time: clear or not? I'm proceeding one day at a time, or as my BC Twin Princess Di and I say "One Martini at a Time!" And, I might add, in my recent research blueberry and pomegranate martinis ARE in fact very therapeutic.

I'll keep you posted on my progress if you'll please keep sending those good vibes my way; maybe by Thursday noon they'll work my margins clear! Hey, it could happen!
XOXOXOX
Elaine


No comments: